Friends, you are welcome on our website. Through today’s article, we are going to provide you step by step information about how to register or change mobile number in EPF account.
What is EPF?
PDF full form is the Employee Provident Fund in English. The Government of India has recently launched this scheme and especially the Government of India has introduced this scheme for government employees, employees working in the public and private sectors.
Under this scheme, all these employees will be helped in saving for the future and it will have many benefits. The Government of India has also created a separate organization for this scheme and the name of that organization is the Employee Provident Fund Organization.
Talking about the EPF scheme, a small amount of money is deducted as EPF under the scheme from the salaries of the employees working in all the above sectors, after that, after their retirement with interest, they will get the pension. After this, they will not have to work for money in old age.
If the mobile number is registered in the EPF account, then you get to take advantage of many features. Like we can get EPF investment information and balance in the EPF account. Because of this, if you want to take advantage of these features, then follow all the steps about how to change the mobile number in the EPF account given below.
How to Register or Change Mobile Number in EPF Account?
Follow the steps given below to register the mobile number to activate UAN.
- First, open the EPF Member Portal website on your browser.
- After this, you have to click on the active UAN.
- Then there you have to enter your UAN, name, date of birth, mobile number, and email id.
- Then OTP will come on your registered mobile.
- After entering that OTP, your UAN will be activated and your mobile number will be registered in the EPF account.
How to Change or Update Mobile Number in EPF Account?
1. Open EPF Member Portal
The first step is to open the EPF member portal website on your browser and click on login to login.
2. Go to Manage section
Once logged in, you will see the Manage section in front of you. After clicking on it, you will have to click on the contact details below.
3. Click on Change Mobile Number
After this, you will see the option of change mobile number in front of you, after clicking on it, you will see the option to enter the mobile number twice. After entering the new mobile number, click on the get authorization pin.
4. Enter OTP
Once you enter the mobile number twice and click on the get authorization pin option, after that OTP will come on your new mobile number, you will have to enter that OTP and click on the save changes button.
5. The Mobile Number will be Changed
After entering the OTP properly and clicking on it, immediately your mobile number will be changed and with the new mobile number, you will be able to take advantage of all the features.
How to Change Mobile Number If You Forget Your Password?
Many times it happens that we forget the password to login to our EPF account using UAN and the mobile number which is registered is also lost, so to recover the EPF account, follow the method given below.
- First, go to the EPF member portal and click on Forgot password.
- After that enter UAN and captcha and click on the submit button.
- If you do not have a registered mobile number, then click on No here.
- Then enter your name, date of birth, gender here, and click on Verify.
- After this, you have to enter the information of Aadhaar or PAN card to verify your information.
- After the information is valid, you will have to enter a new mobile number and click on Get OTP.
- After getting OTP, verify OTP by registering OTP there.
- After the OTP is verified, enter the new password twice and click submit.
- After all the steps above, your password will be changed successfully.
By following these above steps, you can register or change or update your mobile number in EPF account, Apart from this, the method of changing email ID is also absolutely the same. So that you are not going to face any problem.
Also Read Post: