Because of their ability to eliminate the unpleasant aspects of smoking weed, bongs have become the most beloved and essential possessions for smoking connoisseurs. Bongs have a rich historical significance too. They have existed for thousands of years and, for many centuries now, have been associated with royalty. As such, a good bong will give you a classic and royal smoking experience. Bongs also have an efficient water filtration system that gives them unbeatable carcinogen-removal abilities. This means they are as healthy as they are fancy.
The Best Bongs For Different Cannabis Consumption Needs
The best bongs are made of either glass or silicone. If you are shopping for a new bong, here’s a short review of both options:
i. Glass Bongs
- Good for accentuating the taste of the cannabis.
- Their glass is both high-quality and heat-resistant.
- They provide a smooth, flavorful smoke
- They come in a wide range of intricate, artistic shapes.
- Resin build-up is easy to see in a glass bong.
- They’re easy to clean.
- Glass is quite fragile.
- They’re pricey.
ii. Silicone Bongs
- They’re sturdier than glass, which makes them more durable.
- They’re lightweight.
- They come in a wide range of bright and fun colors,
- Being sturdy and lightweight makes it easier and more convenient to transport them.
- Compared to glass, silicon bongs are a lot less visually appealing
- Their levels of smoothness and flavor are significantly lower compared to their glass counterparts.
What to Look For When Buying a Bong Online
The choice of the perfect bong boils down to personal preferences, experience level, and budget. However, there are several factors to consider when buying your water bong online:
- The material it is made from. We have explored the pros and cons of the two most popular options.
- The size. The bigger the bowl, the smaller the hits you will get, and vice versa. Also, go for a small, compact, and discreet bowl if you’re looking for a portable bong that you can travel with. A big bong, on the other hand, is perfect if you want to add accessories later, such as percolators, for an enhanced smoking experience.
- The shape and design. Here are the common options:
- Straight neck bongs. They aren’t exactly visually appealing, but they are functional and easy to use & clean.
- Beaker-shaped bongs. They’re quite stable due to their wide base and are easy to use & clean, but their design looks basic.
- Multi-chamber ( recycler) bongs. This one is an upgrade on the straight-neck bong. Instead of having a single straight tube, this bong has connected chambers of different sizes and shapes. The setup provides premium water filtration, producing a smoother smoking experience.
- Percolator (bubbler) bongs. This model comes with a piece of glass whose function is to disperse the smoke before it gets to the water, causing a bubbling effect.
- Gravity bongs. This model is perfect if you’re looking for intense hits of smoke.
Accessories that Can Upgrade Your Bong
If you’ve had your bong for a long time and would now like to upgrade it, here are a few accessories to consider:
i. A pre-cooler:
Adding a pre-cooler gives your bong an additional water chamber for optimal filtration of suspended matter and pollutants. On top of providing cleaner smoke, a pre-cooler enhances cleanliness as your bong gets less dirty during hits.
Note that all pre-coolers don’t fit in all bong pipes. Know your pipe’s shape, design, size, and model before setting out to shop for a new pre-cooler system.
ii. Herb grinders:
If you prefer to shred your marijuana into smaller particles before taking your hits, a herb grinder would be a great addition. Grinding weed will enhance your smoking experience by making the extraction of active compounds (e.g. cannabinoids and terpenes) more convenient and efficient during consumption.
iii. A percolator filter:
Adding a percolator to your bong or pre-cooler makes the smoke pass through many small slits. This enhances filtration and gives you smoother hits.
iv. A butane torch lighter:
These lighters are a great addition to your 420 experience because they produce stronger, hotter, more intense, and more concentrated flames compared to traditional lighters.
v. A diffuser downstem:
This accessory will enhance your bong’s filtration and cooling abilities. Unlike standard downstems, a diffuser downstem is submerged in water, which gives the smoke more contact with the water. This added contact gives you a cooler, smoother, and more pleasant hit. Diffuser downstems also make your bong much quieter when the water is bubbling.
vi. An activated carbon adapter
If you want to filter nicotine, tar, and other water-soluble particles from your marijuana, this is a necessary addition. This is good for the health of your lungs.
vii. An ash catcher
This accessory collects all the dirt (notably ashes and crumbs), ensuring that your pipe stays clean and the water fresh a little bit longer.
viii. A bong cleaning kit
This kit will make it more convenient and effective to clean your bong. It comes complete with brushes, a cleaning solution, cleaning pads, plugs, etc. Note that keeping your bong clean is a sure way of enhancing its functionality.
The design, shape, materials, percolation, accessories, and size of your bong are critical to your smoking experience. If you want to enhance your enjoyment of cannabis, you need to relook at all those features and make a few upgrades where necessary.