In India, honey or Shahad was used to make delicious foods or as a medicine since ancient times. Let me tell you that honey is also mentioned in Ayurveda. If you have come to know the benefits of honey, then you have come to the right place. Because in this article, we are going to provide you all important information about the benefits of eating honey, as well as its use and side effects.
Since ancient times, people were familiar with the miraculous benefits of honey, due to which it is still used by people for skin disorders and to cure many other diseases. Pure honey contains nutrients such as carbohydrates, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and amino acids.
Apart from this, the amount of protein, fiber, and fat in honey is also not very high, due to this, many people are not afraid to consume it. So let’s know about what honey is used for.
Benefits of Honey
1. Lose weight
For people suffering from weight gain or obesity, consuming honey regularly every day is no less than this herb. Let me tell you that honey does not contain fat and it is also helpful in lowering the cholesterol level.
2. Beneficial for blood
Consumption of honey is beneficial for keeping the blood healthy and clean and it is best to drink honey mixed with lukewarm water. It affects the blood cell count and helps to deliver oxygen to the blood.
3. Relieving acne
A lot of people use honey for the face. The sucrose and xylose present in it help in reducing water activity, which does not increase bacteria. Because of this, you get relief from acne.
4. Get rid of insomnia
Sleeping hormones are produced in very small amounts by people who have insomnia, due to which they do not sleep at night. But drinking honey mixed with milk causes an increase in sleeping hormones.
5. Increase immunity
Drinking honey mixed with milk strengthens the immunity power in the body, which helps to get rid of many infectious diseases and it is beneficial for the heart due to the high amount of antioxidants present in honey.
Side Effects of Honey
- Consuming honey under 1 year of the child may increase the risk of botulism.
- Vomiting and diarrhea are caused due to excessive intake of honey.
- People allergic to pollen particles should not consume honey.
- Those whose sugar level is uncontrolled should avoid honey.
- During pregnancy or breastfeeding, consider taking it only after consulting a doctor.
- Blood pressure patients should take honey after consulting a doctor.
Uses of honey
- Mixing honey with curd and applying it to hair provides nourishment to the hair.
- For healthy hair, aloe vera and honey should also be applied to hair.
- Honey should be mixed with milk to increase body strength and immunity.
- It is best to use honey instead of sugar in any sweet food item.
- To lose weight, take two teaspoons of honey in a glass of lukewarm water every morning on an empty stomach.
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev Ji also says that honey is very beneficial for health. Because of this, it is good to consume it daily. There will be many miraculous benefits from using honey every day. Apart from this, you can also use it for the face. But before trying anything, it is very important to get information about it and to know about its side effects.